Blockchain Innovation and Adoption (full page)
- Blockchians and crypto are a new technology. While bitcoin has existed for 10 years, it is only in the last several that significant collective resources have been deployed into R&D.
- Cryptocurrencies and blockchain are like the internet of the mid 90s when many people owned a computer, but few owned laptops, and internet access was still dial -up.
- During that time many questioned if the internet was really going to bring about the great changes the computer geeks claimed was coming.
- It was only after the base technology advanced to where we had wireless access, fast speeds, more user-friendly interfaces, Google, Facebook, etc. that the internet truly disrupted our world.
- The tech visionaries of today see the same level, or even greater, of disruption and complete societal change coming as the blockchain eco-system develops and matures.
- The next - generation blockchains that will become household names are being built one piece at a time by thousands of the most brilliant computer coders on the planet.
- As with all technology the growth is exponential. At first the disruption is gradual as all the pieces are coming together. Then all at once we find ourselves in a new world.
- That new world is probably less than 10 years out.